Sunday 21 October 2018

Boaters wedding








Yesterday we attended with wedding of Jayne & John at St. Bartholomew's Church, Great Harwood. We met Jayne 2½ years ago when we were at the canal festival at Eanam Wharf, Blackburn, she’d not lived on her boat very long at that time. We saw Jayne a good bit during the summer of 2016 and she brought her then new boyfriend to visit us. We were thrilled to be invited to the wedding. The reception was at The Canal Side Cafe, Rishton, we took our own picnic lunch and had such a lovely afternoon. Jayne & John do
off-roading in his Land Rover, which was depicted with their wedding cake. They had their first dance on the tow path next to their boat. It was fantastic to have a lift there from Dale and Heather brought us home.







I really enjoyed my BritSpin wool spinning marathon last weekend. I spun 3.914km which was 678g. Our Team Spinning in Beds totalled 22.14 km and all the teams managed 506km. Altogether the teams raised £3,470 for the Air Ambulance Charity, which was great. I entered two of the photo competitions, where I came 3rd in each:- spinning somewhere – I was under a rainbow and I made a spindle out of my old pinard stethoscope (what I used to listen to baby’s heart beats in mum’s tum) in the make you own spindle competition. I didn't actually finish the challenge set by my team captain, so I'm working on it and have chosed to 'spin a rainbow'.





Spinning under a rainbow



Spinning in bed -no room for John!
Spinning at knit & natter, Burscough














Fibre ready to spin a rainbow
BritSpin wool drying by the fire


















Plus as last weekend was our first in the north west we had visitors Friday evening and all day Saturday. It’s lovely being near the Overells and Davies'.

No comments:

Post a Comment