Thursday 10 October 2019

BritSpin 2019



I am again taking part in BritSpin, this year with Team Towpath Twizzlers, a team of 10, who either live on narrow boats or have very close connections with canals or rivers. It is a fun 4 day event that started at 21.00hrs last evening.


So I had John out with the camera to take pics of me actually towpath twizzling at the start.

The aim of the event is to see which team can spin the most yarn and at the same time, raise money for charity too.

This year to help me be able to sit and spin all day without having to worry about steering the boat or doing locks, the boat has broken down!!! RCR (similar to RAC) are on the engine’s case and will hopefully have a new part, to fit in the morning.


I have drum carded 1kg of Navajo-Churro fleece that I brought in Canada 7 years ago and already spun 2 bobbins full.


Like last year BritSpin is supporting a charity, Alzheimer’s Society and Alzheimer Scotland. It would be lovely if you could cheer me on, by donating at Virgin Money Giving, if you are able to offer support, please mention Team Towpath Twizzlers when you give.

Chemical works

 
We’re now travelling on the Staffordshire & Worcester Canal, which we’ve not been on before. Which means lots of new scenery to look at.




Great Haywood Junction














Tixall Wide, near Shugborough Hall, is a very popular mooring place and as it’s off season there was plenty of mooring there. We had some nice sun rises (no pics) & sun sets there.











Bridge over the River Sow, still very high from the week before’s rain, leading to Shugborough Hall.















I must admit I was slightly concerned when John told me he was going out to find some haws. Of course he meant hawthorn berries to make wine, phew!!!!! So the berries are now in the fermenting bucket in the shower.






















The old toll house at Gailey Lock.


1 comment: