Friday 4 March 2016

Winter Wonderland

 
We've woken today to an amazing winter wonderland and it's still snowing like mad at lunch time. We were chuckling slightly while listening to the traffic reports on the radio. It looks like the kids in Marple are off school today.
White Nancy
Hovis Mill
We had an excellent time in Bollington and walked up to White Nancy where the views towards the Pennies and over Manchester and beyond were amazing much better than at the Cage.
Onto Macclesfield where we spent a week at three different moorings. Visited the Silk Museum and had a tour of Paradise Mill and went to the monthly 'Treacle Market' which was excellent lots of local crafts people and food producers, needless to say we brought lots of things. We just had to have a couple of pints in 'The Waters Green Tavern'.
After a couple of years I've finished my arran cardi which my friend calls my 'Val Doonican' cardican!!!! Also finished the crocheted arm covers for our chairs, I inherited most of the squares from my late friend Julia. I have just about completed a small locker hooked rug for the bathroom. Then onto complete spinning some sock yarn my friend Maggie asked me to try out, again probably 2 years ago.
We are now moored a Marple after a day at the boat yard having some ballast removed from under the bed as we were tilting slightly to the port side. While the lads were under the bed my whole yarn and fibre stash were on the dinette. I need to get a shift on and use it all up before we head to Yarndale in September.
Yesterday we walked to Marple Bridge to see the excavations of a huge mill that was destroyed by fire in the 18th century.
We have booked to go to the Easter Boat Gathering at Ellesmere Port Canal Museum as recommended by the couple who run Alton the coal boat.





No comments:

Post a Comment