Monday 30 July 2018

Festival weekend


What an amazingly busy weekend, Linslade Canal Festival Saturday and Fibre-East Sunday.






 






 





We were already moored in Linslade and saw all the trade boats go by to the festival site. After all the beautiful weather we’ve had these last few weeks it rather changed for the worse with thunder & a few heavy downpours, but no ones spirits were dampened. I got a good bit of my Christmas & birthday shopping done from the trade boats and the stalls around Tinderfoot Lake. We got Cheese from The Cheese Boat, jam & chutney from The Jam Butty, bags from Bags by Jane boat, yarn from The Wool Barr boat and most importantly beer & English wine from The Beer Boat, a floating off licence, plus bits and bobs from the other stalls & boats. We were joined by our friends Yvonne and Mike for the day and just as they were about leave Louise, Paul and their dog-in-law, Dottie arrived for the evening. 


Rain on the porthole













 
The pox or just rain reflection from porthole
 
Sunday I got a lift to Fibre-East the annual fibre festival in Ampthill with a lovely lady I’ve been chatting to on the towpath. She was very interested in my spinning and dying she’d seen me doing on the towpath, we both belong to the virtial knitting forum, Ravelry. I’d not been to Fibre-East for a couple of years as we were travelling in the north, which made it extra special. In the morning I strolled around the event and bumped into several boating friends and friends that had stands there. I treated myself to some wool combs, flick carder so I can finally process the Wensleydale fleece I got way back in 2010, plus, I got some dye stuff. I was very fortunate to actually be given 3 lots of fibre to spin from a couple to the wool mills that had stands. I really enjoyed demonstrating drop spindling & chatting to the visitors, when I helped man the Bedfordshire Guild of Weavers Spinners & Dyers stand in the afternoon.





We are still waiting patiently to hear from the solicitor as to when we need to pop over to them to sign the contract for the house sale.

Oh and I spoke too soon in my previous blog, the water levels are severely down in Leighton Buzzard and we’ve been listing to starboard for a week. John keeps telling everyone it’s ruined his soufflé!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment